Wellshot House in Cambuslang, photographed by Thomas Annan in 1870.
The house was built in 1806 by John More, a bank cashier. The house passed to the wine merchant William Forlong and then William Bentley, before it was acquired in 1841 by Thomas Gray Buchanan of Eastfield, Scotstoun, and Stonelaw.
Reference: Sp Coll Dougan Add. 73
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
cashiers, country houses, mansions, Wellshot House