Thornbank House near Pointhouse in Partick, photographed by Thomas Annan in 1870.
The mansion was built c 1775 by the merchant Robert McLintock. The estate was sold in 1798 to another merchant, Robert Fulton Alexander, who moved in 1807 to Yorkhill. In 1824 Thornbank was acquired by Andrew Gilbert, a subsequent owner of Yorkhill, and was added to the Yorkhill estate. The old mansion was demolished in the late 1870s.
Reference: Sp Coll Dougan Add. 73
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
country houses, mansions, Thornbank House