Scotstoun House, photographed by Thomas Annan in 1870. It stood to the south of Dumbarton Road near the ground on which Ardsloy Place was subsequently formed.
The mansion was built in the early 18th century by William Walkinshaw of Barrowfield and it was acquired by Richard and Alexander Oswald in 1748. It was extended in 1825 to designs prepared by the architect David Hamilton for Elizabeth Oswald (1767-1864).
Scotstoun House was demolished in the 1890s during the construction of the Lanarkshire & Dumbartonshire Railway.
Reference: Sp Coll Dougan Add. 73
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
country houses, Lanarkshire & Dumbartonshire Railway, mansions, Scotstoun House