Moore Park, photographed in 1870 by Thomas Annan. The mansion was built in the early 19th century for the Hagart family, to plans prepared by the architect David Hamilton. It stood on the west side of Broomloan Road, opposite Broomloan House.
Lord Provost John Thomas Alston acquired Moore Park in the early 1820s and he sold it to James Campbell, a partner in John Campbell Snr & Co. It was acquired in the 1870s by the Glasgow & South Western Railway Co and the house was demolished.
Reference: Sp Coll Dougan Add. 73
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
country houses, Glasgow & South Western Railway Co, John Campbell Snr & Co, mansions, Moore Park House, West Indies merchants