Meadow Park House in Dennistoun, north of Duke Street in Dennistoun, photographed in 1870 by Thomas Annan.
In 1804 the merchant James Carrick (d 1814) purchased the 8 acres of the Whitehill estate from Robert Grahame and built a house which he called Meadow Park. After changing ownership on several occasions it was sold in 1851 to Alexander Dennistoun of Golfhill who was developing the suburb he named Dennistoun. Meadowpark Street was laid out during the 1870s and the mansion's grounds were filled with tenements.
Reference: Sp Coll Dougan Add. 73
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
country houses, mansions, Meadow Park House