Milheugh House, photographed in 1870 by Thomas Annan.
The house and its mill were situated on the right bank of the Rotten Calder at High Blantyre, and for centuries was the home of the Millars of Millheugh. John Millar of Milheugh (1735-1800) was Professor of Law at the University of Glasgow, 1761-1800. His son James was Professor of Mathematics 1796-1832 and his grand-daughter Margaret, who inherited the estate, was married to Andrew Bannatyne (d 1871), Dean of the Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow.
The house has been demolished.
Reference: Sp Coll Dougan Add. 73
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
country houses, deans, Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow, law, mansions, mathematics, Milheugh House, mills, professors, University of Glasgow