Kelvinbank House, photographed by Thomas Annan in 1870. It stood in a 12-acres estate on the north side of Sauchiehall Street, just west of Kelvingrove Street.
The estate was originally part of the lands of Nether Newton and the house was built around 1780. It was sold in 1792 to John Wilson Jnr, a member of the Faculty of the Procurators who served as Glasgow's Town Clerk for many years. Wilson's nephew, William Rae, inherited Kelvinbank and assumed the title William Rae Wilson.
The house and grounds of Kelvinbank were sold to the Trades' House in 1846. By 1878 all traces of the building had been removed, after the land had been laid out for new tenements.
Reference: Sp Coll Dougan Add. 73
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
Kelvinbank House, mansions, River Kelvin, Town Clerks