Gallowflat House in Rutherglen, photographed in 1870 by Thomas Annan. The original part of the house was built around 1769 by Patrick Robertson, a Glasgow lawyer with property in Argyle Street. His son Andrew (d 1847) inherited Gallowflat and on his death John Robertson Reid (who had commissioned the construction of the Argyll Arcade in 1828) acquired the property. Additions were made to the original mansion in 1834 and 1864.
Reference: Sp Coll Dougan Add. 73
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
country houses, Gallowflat House, mansions