Cadder House, photographed in 1870 by Thomas Annan. The mansion was built in 1654 and greatly improved during the early 19th century. In 2004 it is Cadder Golf Club's clubhouse.
The Stirling family acquired the Cadder estate in the 12th century. Charles Stirling (d 1830) of the West Indies merchants Stirling, Gordon & Co built a new wing to the house and laid out ornamental gardens some time after 1816. Sir William Stirling Maxwell held the estate in 1870.
Reference: Sp Coll Dougan Add. 73
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
Cadder Golf Club, Cadder House, country houses, golf club houses, golf clubs, golf courses, mansions, Stirling, Gordon & Co, West Indies merchants