Bellahouston House, photographed in 1870 by Thomas Annan.
The mansion was built on the Dumbreck estate and was originally known as Dumbreck House. It was renamed when Moses Steven of neighbouring Bellahouston acquired the Dumbreck Estate. The house stood to the south of Ibroxhill House, in what is now Bellahouston Park.
Reference: Sp Coll Dougan Add. 73
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
Bellahouston House, Bellahouston Park, country houses, Dumbreck House, mansions, parks