The north side of the inner court at the Old College on High Street. The building was designed by the Principal, John Strang, and erected in 1632. The door between the turrets gave access to the Moral Philosophy classroom.
The end of the Hamilton Building (erected 1811, and which contained the Common Hall) is visible on the extreme right. The door in the turret on the right was the entrance to the Natural History and Natural Philosophy classrooms.
Reference: Sp Coll Mu Add. q17
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
classrooms, courtyards, Hamilton Building, Inner Court, Old College, quadrangles, University of Glasgow