The Inner Court looking west to the Old College tower. The bust of Zachary Boyd is in a niche in the tower, above the archway.
The door in the pentangle turret to the right was the entrance to the Apparatus Room, Civil Engineering classroom and the tower. To the right of the turret are, on the ground floor, the Blackstone Room (which became incorporated in the Physical Laboratory), with the Apparatus Room above and the Civil Engineering Classroom in the attic. The building was erected in 1656.
Reference: Sp Coll Mu Add. q17
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
apparatus rooms, Blackstone Room, civil engineering, classrooms, clock towers, courtyards, Gothic, Inner Court, Old College, quadrangles, University of Glasgow