The archway that connected the outer to the inner court at the Old College on High Street, c 1870.
The door on the left gave access to the Blackstone Room, and the window to the Apparatus Room is above. The windows on the right belong to the tower.
Reference: Sp Coll Mu Add. q17
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
Apparatus Room, arches, archways, Blackstone Room, coats of arms, courtyards, Inner Court, Old College, Outer Court, quadrangles, University of Glasgow