Allan & Ferguson's views (1843) of the Glasgow Mechanics' Institution in North Hanover Street (with a statue of James Watt perched on top), the Saltmarket looking north to Glasgow Cross and Greyfriars United Secession Church in Albion Street.
In 1821 the congregation of the Shuttle Street United Secession Church moved to a new building in Albion Street. It was named for the old church of the Franciscans, or "Grey Friars", which had occupied a site nearby.
Reference: Sp Coll Bh12-y.14
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
churches, colleges, continuing education, Glasgow Mechanics' Institution, Grey Friars, Greyfriars United Secession Church, sculptures, Shuttle Street United Secession Church, statues, streetscenes