This engraving by Allan & Ferguson (1843) shows Somerset Place looking west across Elderslie Street. The terrace, set back from Sauchiehall Street, was originally residential and laid out in 1840 to designs by John Baird Jnr. The buildings are now occupied mostly by offices.
Reference: Sp Coll Bh12-y.14
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
gardens, houses, offices, pavilions, tenements, terraces, women