Allan & Ferguson's views (1843) of a stagecoach racing past the Tolbooth at Glasgow Cross, the south prison (the Justiciary Buildings) at the foot of Saltmarket, and the The Tron Steeple in Trongate.
Completed in 1814, the full splendour of the Justiciary Courts was hidden after 1829, when the level of the roadway at the foot of Saltmarket was raised and the plinth on which the building stood disappeared from sight. The shaded band on the engraving indicates the "before and after" view from street level!
Reference: Sp Coll Bh12-y.14
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
horses, Justiciary Courts, prisons, South Prison, stagecoaches, steeples, Tolbooth Steeple, Tron Steeple