This watercolour sketch by W R Mainds shows the narrow close at 105 High Street, 1891.
This was typical of the many closes, wynds and lanes that opened off High Street before they were swept away under the City Improvement Trust's slum clearance programme.
Reference: Sp Coll Bh12-x.3
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
backcourts, City Improvement Trust, closes, houses, slum clearance, slums, street lamps, street lighting, tenements, washing