A sketch by W R Mainds of the facade of the last of Glasgow's timber-walled houses, at 101 High Street, 1891. The house was subsequently demolished as part of the slum clearance programme undertaken by the City Improvement Trust.
Reference: Sp Coll Bh12-x.3
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
City Improvement Trust, closes, slum clearance, slums, streetscenes, tenements, timber houses, wooden clapperboard