The view of Glasgow Bridge (also known as Jamaica Street Bridge) from the south bank of the River Clyde, c 1900. The first Caledonian Railway Bridge (1876-1878) looms on the extreme left of this view.
The Glasgow Bridge was built 1895-1899 to replace one built by by Thomas Telford 1833-1835 which was too narrow to cope with increasing volumes of road traffic. Telford's Bridge had replaced the Broomielaw Bridge, built 1768-1772.
Reference: Glasgow University Library Special Collections, e190
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
bridges, Broomielaw Bridge, Caledonian Railway Bridge, etchings, Glasgow Bridge, Jamaica Street Bridge, River Clyde