The Merchants' Steeple c 1900. The Merchants' House was built in the Bridgegate in 1659, but was removed in 1817 to make way for tenements, leaving only the steeple (built 1665). In 1886 the adjacent Fish Market (built 1872-1873) was extended and incorporated the steeple.
Reference: Glasgow University Library Special Collections, e190
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
Fish Market, markets, Merchants' House, Merchants' Steeple, steeples, streetscenes, tenements