Edwin Law's view of St Enoch Square from the north west c 1900.
The Glasgow & South Western Railway Co's St Enoch Station and St Enoch Hotel dominate the east side of the square where the St Enoch Centre stands today. In the centre of the picture is the Glasgow District Subway Co's St Enoch Station which opened in 1896. Behind the subway station is St Enoch's Church, built in 1780, rebuilt in 1827 and demolished in 1925.
Reference: Glasgow University Library Special Collections, e190
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
churches, etchings, Glasgow & South Western Railway Co, Glasgow District Subway Co, hotels, squares, St Enoch Centre, St Enoch Hotel, St Enoch Square, St Enoch Station, St Enoch's Church, subway stations, subways, travel centres, Underground