The Stewart Memorial Fountain in Kelvingrove Park, with the spire of the University of Glasgow in the background.
The fountain was erected in 1871-1872 to the design of the architect James Sellars. It was sculpted by John Mossman and commemorates the services of Lord Provost Robert Stewart of Murdostoun in promoting the Loch Katrine Water scheme during the 1850s.
Reference: Glasgow University Library Special Collections, e190
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
etchings, fountains, Kelvingrove Park, Loch Katrine water scheme, parks, spires, Stewart Memorial Fountain, towers, University of Glasgow