The University of Glasgow, viewed from the Prince of Wales Bridge in Kelvingrove Park.
The bridge was built 1894-1895, replacing a temporary wooden structure of 1868 built on the route taken by the prince to lay the foundation stone of the new University buildings. The chemistry laboratory building, modelled on the famous Abbot's Kitchen at Glastonbury Abbey, can be seen at the east side of the main buildings.
Reference: Glasgow University Library Special Collections, e189
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
Abbot's Kitchen, bridges, chemistry laboratories, etchings, Gilbert Scott Building, Kelvingrove Park, parks, Prince of Wales Bridge, River Kelvin, Royal visits, spires, towers, University of Glasgow