Edwin Law's impression of the view of the Old College Tower looking across the University of Glasgow's Outer (West) Court from the entrance on High Street. The Outer Court was remodelled in the mid-17th century and the clock for the tower was ordered in 1686.
The University moved to Gilmorehill in 1870, some seventy years before this view was published.
Reference: Glasgow University Library Special Collections, e189
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
clock towers, clocks, courtyards, etchings, Old College, Outer Court, quadrangles, towers, University of Glasgow