View by Edwin Law (c 1900) of the multi-turreted Christian Institute on Bothwell Street. The building housed a YMCA, a restaurant, a Bible Training Institute, sitting rooms, libraries and other facilities for members of the Evangelical movement in the city. It was built in 1879, extended in 1896 and demolished in 1980.
Reference: Glasgow University Library Special Collections, e189
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
Bible Training Institutes, Christian Institute, etchings, Evangelicals, Evangelists, Glasgow Evangelistic Association, streetscenes, turrets, YMCA, Young Men's Christian Association