The crypt of Glasgow Cathedral, drawn by James Hopkirk in 1827.
The Barony congregation met here until 1798 when the new Barony Church was built nearby in Cathedral Square. The crypt was subsequently filled with earth and was used as a graveyard until c 1840.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, MS Murray 636
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
Barony Church, churches, crypts, Glasgow Cathedral, graveyards