St Mary's Episcopal Church on the east side of Renfield Street, c 1827.
St Mary's was built in the 1820s. It was designed by the architect Robert Scott and modelled on the Gothic St George's Chapel at Windsor. In 1874 the congregation moved to a new building in Great Western Road. This church was demolished and the offices of the City of Glasgow Assurance Co were built on the site.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, MS Murray 636
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
City of Glasgow Assurance Co, Gothic, Scottish Episcopal Church, St George's Chapel, St Mary's Episcopal Church, St Mary's Parish Church