Shettleston Parish Church, 1827. The church was built in 1751 on the Budhill estate, on the north side of what is now Shettleston Road. The weathervane atop the spire is a three-masted ship, the crest of the prominent Bogle family that provided some of the money required to build the church. The building was demolished at the beginning of the 20th century, but the churchyard remains.
To the west of the church, on the left of this view, are the crow-stepped gables of a tavern that is probably the forerunner of the Kirk House Inn.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, MS Murray 636
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
churches, crow-stepped gables, inns, Kirk House Inn, pubs, Shettleston Parish Church, spires, taverns, weathervanes