The High Street entrance to the University of Glasgow as depicted by James Hopkirk in 1829.
The gateway was erected by the middle of the 17th century. Some of the stonework was preserved after the University was relocated on Gilmorehill in 1870 and in 1885-1888 they were incorporated in Pearce Lodge.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, MS Murray 636
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
entrances, gate lodges, gateways, Old College, Pearce Lodge, students, University of Glasgow