The Anderston Brewery (on the left) and the Anderston Cotton Work from the south bank of the River Clyde, 1827.
The Anderston Brewery was founded by Murdoch, Warroch & Co about 1762 and became famous for its porter. Henry Houldsworth & Co's red brick Anderston Cotton Work was built 1804-1806, extended in 1854-1864, and was subsequently converted to a bonded warehouse. It was demolished in 1969.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, MS Murray 636
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
Anderston Brewery, Anderston Cotton Works, breweries, brewing, cotton works, Henry Houldsworth & Co, Murdoch, Warroch & Co, porter, steam-powered cotton spinning mills, textile manufacturing, textiles