View of 1827 showing (from the left) the Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow Cathedral, the Barony Church and behind it, on top of the hill in the Fir Park, the Knox Monument.
One of two medieval towers can be seen on the west wing of the Cathedral. The towers were removed in 1846 and 1848.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, MS Murray 636
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
Barony Church, churches, Glasgow Cathedral, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, hospitals, Knox Monument, monuments, Necropolis, towers