Four views of the shaft of the Govan Cross, also known as the Jordanhill Cross.
The medieval cross is nearly 1.7 metres high. It was found at Govan Old Parish Church but was kept for more than a century in a garden in Jordanhill before its return in 1928. The arms of the cross and its head have been lost.
The cross shaft is decorated with intricate interlacing patterns. Its face features a depiction of a man mounted on a horse.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Sp Coll Mu25 - x.6
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
cross shafts, crosses, Govan Cross, Govan Old Parish Church, horsemen, Jordanhill Cross