The Justuciary Buildings and the South Prison, Saltmarket, 1909.
The Justiciary Buildings were erected in 1810-1814 to accommodate the city's court house, jail and municipal offices. They were altered in 1845 and shortly after this photograph was taken in 1909, the interior was comprehensively re-designed to contain solely court rooms.
Reference: GC 941.435 OLD
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
gaols, horses and carts, jails, Justiciary Buildings, Justiciary Courts, municipal buildings, prisons, streetscenes