Glasgow's coat of arms inscribed in stone above the entrance to Blackfriars Church on High Street. The church was completed in 1701 to replace an earlier one that had been damaged by lightning in 1670.
Reference: Mitchell Library, G 941.435 REN
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Blackfriars Church, Blackfriars Parish Church, churches, coats of arms, College Church, fish, lightning, rings, salmon, trees