A postcard view looking east along Glencairn Drive from the top of the Pollokshields Burgh Hall tower. The postcard was posted on 12 July 1905.
Titwood Parish Church is on the right. It was built in 1895 and, after uniting with Pollokshields in 1942, became Pollokshields Titwood. It was dismantled stone by stone in 1954 and rebuilt as St James' on Meiklerig Crescent in Pollok.
The red sandstone building behind Titwood is Pollokshields Trinity Parish Church, which was designed by W G Rowan and built in 1891. It became Pollokshields Glencairn but was destroyed by fire in 1988.
Reference: TD 1586/7
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Church of Scotland, churches, fires, Pollokshields Burgh Hall, Pollokshields Glencairn Parish Church, Pollokshields Titwood Parish Church, Pollokshields Trinity Parish Church, postcards, St James' (Pollok) Parish Church, streetscenes, Titwood Parish Church, villas