A postcard view looking west along Albert Road (subsequently renamed Albert Drive) in Pollokshields, 1917.
The spire on the right, at the corner of Albert Drive and Shields Road, belongs to Pollokshields Parish Church. The church was designed by Robert Baldie and built in 1878. It has a notable collection of stained glass windows by Stephen Adam (1848-1910) and other artists.
The building on the left was Albert Road Academy and in 2004 is Pollokshields Primary School.
Reference: TD 1586/2
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
bicycles, children, Church of Scotland, church steeples, Pollokshields Parish Church, Pollokshields Primary School, postcards, primary schools, secondary schools, shops, streetscenes, tenements