St Aloysius' Primary School on Elmvale Street in Springburn, early 1970s. Train carriages can be seen at the Cowlairs Works in the distance, to the left and right of the tenement building in the centre of the photograph.
The Jesuit school was founded in 1859. The annexe opened in 1935 but no longer exists in 2004.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/8/165
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Cowlairs Works, Jesuits, Roman Catholic primary schools, St Aloysius' Primary School, Elmvale Annexe, tenements, trains