Kelvin School for the Partially Sighted on Lumsden Street in Yorkhill, 1970s.
Overnewton Public School was designed by J Burnet and opened in 1877. The Kelvin School for the Partially Sighted opened on Byres Road in 1950 but moved to this building in 1967. In 1973 the Kelvin School was relocated to Nairn Street, where it remains in 2004. The old Overnewton Public School building was converted to social work offices and in 1992 became a Steiner Kindergarten.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/7/138
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Kelvin School for the Partially Sighted, nursery schools, Overnewton Public School, physical disabilities, primary schools, special needs schools, special schools, Steiner Kindergartens