William Street Nursery in Anderston, early 1970s.
The building was erected c 1860 at 12 William Street to house St Matthew's School. The school closed in 1902 and lay vacant for two years. Between 1904 and 1929 it was occupied by a day industrial school and by the 1970s it had become William Street Nursery School. By 2004 the buildings had been demolished and William Street Clinic occupies the site.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/7/135
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
clinics, industrial schools, multi-storey flats, nursery schools, Roman Catholic Schools, St Matthew's School, tower blocks, William Street Clinic, William Street Nursery School