Tureen Street Primary School in Calton during the 1970s. The school was designed by John Honeyman in 1875. An extension was added in 1886 and in 1902 J L Cowan designed the third phase of the school, built of cream sandstone in keeping with the original buildings.
By 1990 the buildings had been taken over by community industry workshops but they were later demolished. Tureen Street has become Millroad Drive.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/7/128
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
community industry workshops, primary schools, Tureen Street Primary School, Turren Street Public School