The Balshagray Annexe of Hamilton Crescent Secondary School in the early 1970s.
Balshagray Public School was designed by Bruce & Hay for the Govan Parish School Board and built on Dumbarton Road in Broomhill in 1904. Hamilton Crescent Secondary annexed part of the building in 1949 while primary school education continued in some of the classrooms. Hamilton Crescent Secondary closed in 1972 and the Balshagray building was occupied by a nursery school until 1983 when it became an annexe of Anniesland College.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/6/119
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Anniesland College, Balshagray Annexe, Balshagray Nursery School, Balshagray Public School, Bruce & Hay, Govan Parish School Board, Hamilton Crescent Secondary School, Balshagray Annexe, nursery schools, primary schools, secondary schools