Hamilton Crescent Junior Secondary School on Fortrose Street in Partick, overlooking West of Scotland Cricket Ground, 1970s. Hamilton Crescent was renamed Fortrose Street in 1931 and at the beginning of the 21st century the school is Hyndland Primary.
The building was designed by William Landless for the Govan Parish School Board in 1887, and was originally a secondary school for up to 1,000 pupils. In 1912 many of the staff and pupil moved to Hyndland School and their alma mater became Hamilton Crescent Supplementary School. In 1927 it became Hamilton Crescent Advanced Central Public School and in 1940 Hamilton Crescent Junior Secondary. The junior secondary closed in 1972, when Hyndland Primary School in Clarence Drive was relocated to the building in Fortrose Street.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/5/108
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Govan Parish School Board, Hamilton Crescent Advanced Central Public School, Hamilton Crescent Junior Secondary School, Hamilton Crescent Public School, Hamilton Crescent Supplementary School, Hyndland Primary School, junior secondary schools