St George's Road Secondary School in Woodside in the early 1970s.
The school was built for the Glasgow School Board in 1883 and, in 1886, was one of the first thirteen schools selected to provide secondary-level education. At this time secondary education was only available to those pupils who had received bursaries from one of three sources of funding; Glasgow City Educational Endowments Board, Glasgow General Educational Endowments Board and the Marshall Trust.
The school was demolished in 1973 to make way for a housing development.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/5/105
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Glasgow City Educational Endowments Board, Glasgow General Educational Endowments Board, Marshall Trust, primary schools, secondary schools, St George's Road Public School, St George's Road Secondary School