Royston Primary School on Royston Road, 1970s.
Originally St Rollox Public School, it was designed by Duncan McNaughton and opened in 1906 on Garngad (subsequently renamed Royston) Road. It was built on the site of a school built on the site in the late 1850s, which had been erected to replace the old St Rollox School in Castle Street.
The spire in the background belongs to Townhead and Blochairn Parish Church which was built in 1865-1866.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/4/76
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
primary schools, Royston Primary School, St Rollox Public School, Townhead and Blochairn Parish Church