Some of the younger pupils of Abbotsford Public School in Abbotsford Place, Laurieston line up for a photograph in the central hall, 1916. The school was designed by H & D Barclay and opened in 1879.
The children's teacher is standing at the back of the group, and there is a stuffed leopard on the cabinet at the back wall of the central hall. The coats of older children are hanging by the banister on the first floor balcony.
Reference: D-ED 5/24/3
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Abbotsford Public School, children, H & D Barclay, infants, leopards, primary schools, pupils, school halls, stuffed animals, teachers