Abbotsford Public School on Abbotsford Place in Laurieston, 1916.
The photograph shows the view looking north-east across Devon Street, of the western front of this early Glasgow School Board school designed by H & D Barclay and opened in 1879. The same firm of architects was responsible for the Abbotsford Chalmers Parish Church to the left of the picture (1898). The school lies derelict at the beginning of the 21st century.
Reference: D-ED 5/24/1
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Abbotsford Chalmers Parish Church, Abbotsford Primary School, Abbotsford Public School, Church of Scotland, H & D Barclay, primary schools