A 1916 photograph of Queen Mary Street Public School in Bridgeton.
This imposing building appears to conform to the standard Glasgow School Board style. The iron railings on the left segregated the playground, with girls to the left. The boys' entrance is round the corner on the right. The end of the janitor's house is on the far left.
Reference: D-ED 5/23/1
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Glasgow School Board, janitors' houses, playgrounds, primary schools, Queen Mary Street Public School, railings