Possilpark Public School, 1916.
Ardoch Street leads off to the right towards Possilpark Established Church, the spire of which can be seen at the extreme right of this scene. The outlines of fireplaces are visible on the southern gable end of the tenement behind the janitor's house.
Allander Street leads off to the left, to ground which remained undeveloped in 1916. In the early 1960s Possilpark Public School was demolished to make way for Possilpark Secondary School, which was completed in 1970.
Reference: D-ED 5/21/1
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
churches, gable-ends, janitors' houses, Possilpark Parish Church, Possilpark Public School, Possilpark Secondary School, primary schools, secondary schools, spires, tenements