Children playing in front of Garrioch Public School in Wyndford in 1916. The school was built of red sandstone in 1905 for Maryhill School Board and at the beginning of the 21st century is called Shakespeare Street Junior School.
The photograph looks north-east across Northumberland Street. James D Martin was the headmaster in 1916.
Reference: D-ED 5/18/1
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Garrioch Street Public School, primary schools, Shakespeare Street Junior School