Canning Place Public School, 1916. The school was erected on ground to the north of Cathedral Street which is now occupied by the University of Strathclyde.
This view looks south across St James' Road towards a four-storey building which may have been the original school. A much larger building, hidden behind the janitor's house to the right of this photograph, had been erected to the south-west by 1916.
Reference: D-ED 5/3/1
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Canning Place Public School, Glasgow School Board, janitors' houses, primary schools, University of Strathclyde